Monday, July 26, 2010

Magnolia July Mingle Easel Card - Butterfly theme

I made this card for the Magnolia July Mingle and the theme we had to follow was "Butterflies" I stamped with tilda holding a basket of flowers which is one of my favorite stamps you can find here. I love the open gate as well from Magnolia stamps and this was first time I colored it. I also used the butterfly stamp sets from Close To My Heart called "Butterfly Wings" which I love to stamp with three different ink colors to create the flying effect. In retrospect, I regret that I did not put the three flower brads in the lower right corner to the lower left hand corner to create more "balance" in the card. I really enjoyed making it for someone else that I do not even know but who also has a passion for these precious stamps! I look forward to many more mingles....
















Thanks for Looking!

6 comments:

  1. What fun embellishments you've added and your coloring is so pretty! Your mingle partner is going to love it Kathy! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy! What a fabulous mingle card you have created. You definitely achieved the feeling of flight with your butterfly. Your coloring is beautiful too. I just purchased the open gate and can't wait to ink it up. Your mingle partner is sure to love this gorgeous card.
    hugs
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kathy! The butterfly is adorable. I Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Your mingle partner is sure to love it. Love the colors you used and how you layered the butterfly. Beautifully done.
    Hugs~
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job on this pretty easel card, Kathy! The butterfly is a beautiful addition and your coloring is sensational! Your mingle partner is sure to be WELL pleased!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...what a gorgeous card! I love how you layered all of your DPs...and how you popped up so many elements with dimensionals! I'm definitely saving this for my "inspiration files"! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete